Friday, November 30, 2007

It's Christmas Let's Have Sex

It's sometimes hard to get into the Christmas spirit for lots of reasons: I'm broke, it's hot, I am out of vacation time, I haven't started Christmas shopping, I'm fat and want to eat Christmas cookies, etc, etc, etc...

This weekend I am going to work on my spirit and put up my Christmas tree and decorations in hopes the smell of pine will kick start the holidays. I have already tried gingerbread flavored plug-ins and that has not worked. We may even go so far as decorating the outside of our house. And that’s another thing; our neighbors are bound and determined to have the best Christmas decorations. All of the houses in our neighborhood are colonial style so they put nice wreaths on the windows with big bows and spotlights in their yard to draw attention. When I say neighbors I don’t mean just next door, I mean everyone on our street. All we have are those net-like bush lights that blink. They are actually nice lights but we don't have enough to cover our 3 bushes. Don't you hate when you start a project and never have what you need? It's kind of like Target has a $50.00 cover charge well any house project requires 3 trips to Lowe's or Home Depot. We just haven't made that 3rd trip to Lowe's to pick up more lights or the $500.00 in wreaths and spotlights.

Anyway, I finally got my XM Radio started back up again (that’s a story for another day) and it's kind of cool because you can stream all of their channels online so I listen to it at work. The other cool thing is it's completely live and shows what songs and artists are playing on each channel. It really makes me happy because our lame local radio station plays the same 5 songs every hour on the hour. During the holidays XM has around 5 channels that are strictly Holiday music. One channel is called ‘special x-mas’ and it plays off the wall Christmas music. For example, right now they are playing a remixed Christmas song. I guess it could be dubbed alternative Christmas music. Also, off subject, if you are looking for alternative, eccentric, ADULT Christmas music check out “A John Waters Christmas” CD. It’s offensive yet Christmasish. Yesterday on ‘special x-mas’ I saw a song by Dr. Duke Tumatoe called “It’s Christmas (Let’s have sex)”. How HOT is that! Nothing spells Christmas spirit like sex!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Chrstimas sex leads to August babies. who wants to be hella hot and preggers in August? I say christmas abstinence and save the energy and funnel it into restraining oneself from strangling family during this season of giving. (or your neighbors for one-upping your decorations)