Monday, February 11, 2008

Boise or Bust!

I was lucky enough to spend this past weekend in Charlotte with two great friends; Wendy and Heather. My friend Heather had a beautiful baby girl this summer and this was the first time I was able to meet Katie. Also, my friend Wendy is moving to Boise in a few weeks....(insert record scratching noise)Boise? Yes, I said Boise. When I think of Boise the only two things that pop in my head are potatoes and the cheesy side of the road, circuseseque stop 'largest ball of twine in the world'. Now, I really don't know and I don't think the largest ball of twine is in Boise but its just a stereotype that has been ingrained in my mind about states that are out west. For example, when most think of North Carolina its normally NASCAR, mullets (not the fish), and the KKK (please see a more recent episode of Family Guy to see the stereotypes most have of NC). I am not going to deny the existence of the preceding in North Carolina but its definitely not the norm. I went to college with both Heather and Wendy and to reminisce about days gone by we decided to visit our alma mater Appalachian State University on Saturday. I have to insert this tidbit of information, unfortunately ASU is not my alma mater. The only things I learned in college were how to play spades, drink lots of cheap beer, roll a joint, and eat cheap food. Nonetheless, I still occasionally attended my classes at ASU hence it being one of the many colleges in NC I attended. One of the first things Heather said when we got to Boone was how she thought we 'all looked the same' and 'haven't gotten a day older.' Believe me, I like to think I am still young looking and do get a little giddy inside when I get carded for a beer (which by the way we did get carded for our pitcher at Macado's - woohoo!). Here are two things I learned from being in Boone this weekend with my girlfriends.

1. Its the most fabulous thing to have girlfriends. Its even better to know that no matter what happens or how much time passes we can always pick up where we left off.

2. I am getting older every day, hour, minute, and second. The first thing I did when I got home from Charlotte last night was search the web for the best wrinkle serum available and order it. Those girls at ASU were looking fierce. I have alot of work to do. Carpe diem!

Here is the other thing I just learned from Wikipedia.

1. There are actually 2 places that claim to have the largest ball of twine: Darwin, MN and Cawker, KS.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Biggest_ball_of_twine

No comments: