Thursday, February 14, 2008

Whores of Skype

I deal with international partners and customers at work on a daily basis so I use Skype quite a bit. Skype makes it easier because it allows for me to cut and paste into Babelfish for translation as well as allow my customers to do the same. I do have a few close friends on Skype that I chat with on occasion but I get random requests every once in a while from people all over the world who want to chat and be my friend. I find it flattering and also very educational because I talk with people all over the globe from Asia to South America. Being an American I find thinking that the way we/I do things is the only and right way but being able to learn and talk with new people every day has allowed me to know different. Yes, I agree it’s very sad that I just made this realization in my 30's. The requests for new friends was few and far between, like I mentioned random. However, in the last week or so I have been getting bombarded with requests to be friends with people (and BTW these are all men). Let me ask; is there such thing as 'Whores of Skype'? If so I think I have been added to that list. Do I look like a mail order bride? Or do I look easy? Seriously, it is the most ridiculous thing. Who uses instant messaging to pick up a girl? No, I don't want to visit Egypt and allow you to pay for everything. No, I won't tell you what I'm wearing. If I did tell you it surely would be disappointing (sweatpants and an oversized fleece with tennis shoes). See told you it would be disappointing. Whoever added me to this list is on my short list. Take me off or I will be forced to take off my earrings and kick your arse!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm somehow doubting that it's going to get any better now that you've written a blog posting entitled "Whores of Skype"...!

gwinnrac said...

Yea, I couldn't decide between Whores or Hos... :)

Anonymous said...

Maybe your earlier post about p0rn and being "a dirty girl" didn't help either? If there are freaks in Skype world (I don't have it, but it sounds like there's some strange people with accounts on there?!), then they'd have been put on red alert by that posting!

Mom said...

That's MY girl!

Anonymous said...

yep, i got those calls too...but i picked up...i was only 18...and the scary thing is i turned my cam on...it felt like rape...that kind of thing should be illegal...and those people should be thrown into prison...