Thursday, January 24, 2008

Drive Thru Hell

I was out shopping about a month ago and was craving a McDonald's Dr. Pepper. The drink had to specifically come from McDonald's because they always mix their sugar and carbonation just right and a fountain drink is just heaven anyway. This is all I ordered. So, because I am a lazy American I waited in the drive thru. The wait was probably 5-8 minutes. After I got my drink and drove away I found I received a diet Coke instead which not acceptable because I had my mind set on a Dr. Pepper. So, I proceeded to wait in the drive thru again for a replacement (another 5 minutes). No joke, it was another diet Coke. As I returned to the drive thru again I was really mad but the whole situation was really just funny so I found myself laughing in anger. After another 5 minutes I finally get a Dr. Pepper. As I take a drink of my highly anticipated bubbly concoction of sugar water and fizz it proceeds to spill all over my shirt. It is not uncommon for me to spill stuff on my shirt, really its quite common. I happen to keep extra clothes in my car just for these type of occasions. But after the whole ordeal I was not needing a spilled drink on my shirt. I was VERY ill but nothing a little shopping could not cure so I went about my business.

Today I decided to eat lunch in and headed to Wendy's to pick it up. I am on a diet so this time so I had to go for the diet Coke. The Wendy's close by my work is known for their speed and accuracy of getting your order out to you. Really its kind of crazy how fast they are. I am thinking the manager at this branch has a deal with the devil. Anyway, I get my order lightning quick and have no doubt in my mind that everything is correct. Boy was I wrong!!! Instead of diet Coke I got a regular Coke. I LOVE regular Coke but its not in my dieting future so as I turned around to get back in the drive thru line and thought laughingly 'this better not be like last time'. Well it was without the 3rd time around in the drive thru. I now am wearing my diet Coke all over my shirt. Bad thing is, payday is tomorrow so there is no retail therapy in sight for today. Good news, I do have an extra shirt. Happy Thursday to me!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ROFLMAO oh its too funny!!

Libertine said...

I feel your pain, but there's no way in hell I'd re-enter a drive-through line a second time for one lousy drink.

Check out my post on my drive-through horrors:

http://libertinethought.blogspot.com/2007/01/typical-trip-to-mcdonalds.html

Libertine said...

It seems as if the link didn't post completely. Just check the January 19, 2007 entry, entitled, "A Typical Trip to McDonald's" to read that entry.