Friday, January 11, 2008

I am Such a Water Snob

As mentioned before, I quit smoking almost 4 months ago (and I will mention again because I totally kick ass for quitting) and kicking that habit probably has saved me about 150 dollars a month. For about 6 months straight I also seemed to enjoy a 4 dollar venti sugar free vanilla breve latte from Starbucks daily. That monthly habit was costing me about 120 dollars. So, in essence, I was spending 300 dollars a month on legal drugs. When I quit smoking I also quit Starbucks because it was a trigger for me to go their every day and I didn't need to remind myself of drinking a super yummy latte and smoking a wonderfully tasty Marlboro light (as you can see I do still want to be a smoker). I haven't quit coffee I just go for the cheaper version at my local gas station and now only spend 30 dollars a month on coffee. But that is the problem. I stopped one habit for another. Now I am not only buying a XL cup of high octane gas station coffee but I have become a connoisseur of snobby water. Fiji has recently become a favorite of mine. But now I have also found Voss. Today I bought 1 coffee, 1 Voss and 1 Fiji and it was $6.26. Don't get me wrong I really prefer having a water habit but as I always say I have champagne taste on a beer budget. Lately my beer budget has been consisting of Pabst Blue Ribbon instead of Corona if you know what I mean. I don't foresee kicking this habit anytime soon. It will more than likely just be dictated by my bank account.

No comments: