Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Gambling, Sex, and Shopping...Oh My!

How could I be lucky enough to live in one of two countries that allow drug companies to advertise their wares on TV? I have a very addictive personality. I recently quit smoking and at the end of December it will be 3 months (which is freaking amazing). I have not quit chapstick or food. You do not want to find Rachel in a situation when she is hungry, has dry lips and no chapstick. Brutal! I stay away from hard drugs, alcohol consumption on a daily basis, and gambling. I don't think anyone reading this needs further explanation.

As mentioned, the US allows drug companies to advertise their drug of the month. At the end of each commercial there is the obligatory blurb spoken like a true used car salesman about the terrible things the drug can do to you. Usually its the common things: nausea, vomiting, blurred vision, changes in sex drive, changes in blood pressure, etc... In a most recent obligatory speech I heard there is a new drug (that I will not mention) that will fix your RLS and also will give you a compulsive gambling habit. Yes, if you take this drug you may become a compulsive gambler(also after doing a little research I found it to causes excessive shopping and sexual urges too). I don't need any help becoming a compulsive gambler nor help in the shopping or sex department. Can anyone say triple threat. However, there is a laundry list of things I do need help with. Just think, how wonderful would it be to have 800mg of ibuprofen with a huge dose of wanting to clean my house compulsion?

No comments: