Monday, December 3, 2007

Dream of Doing Nothing

I just watched a show on E! about the top 20 most intriguing billionaire heiresses’ (which by the way pisses me off cause I guess if you are not intriguing or hot you would not make the list – then again, who would want to watch a top 20 show on E! about the top 20 ugly ass millionaire heiresses’). Of course gracing the list were the Hilton sisters but I found the number 1 heiress to be much more interesting. Her name is Vanisha Mittal Bhatia and is the daughter of steel mogul Lakshmi Mittal. Her wedding in 2004 is reported to be the most expensive wedding ever at 55 million! WTF???? I have a hard enough time making ends meet every month and Vanisha is celebrating marriage by spending more money than my entire family could think of earning in a lifetime.

My dream of doing nothing doesn't really involve nothing. There is no way that I could sit home for days upon end with nothing to do. I would sure be a mess in about a week. I was watching Elf last night and I was jealous of the character that Will Ferrell plays. He gets to leave his bum job making Etch a Sketches at the North Pole for an adventure in New York City looking for his estranged dad. Besides that he knows Santa Clause! I am not saying I want to wear a leotard and wander thru the cold streets of NYC but I sure would like to visit this time of year. Just thinking about the Christmas tree in Rockefeller center when it is snowing gives me butterflies in my stomach. I wanna leave my job selling software and just look around. I want to look around Europe, especially the UK. I want to be involved in my community. I want to be able to give to those in need. I want to pay my bills without worrying about it. I want to take a nap when I want. I want to go to cosmetology school. I think the only way this could all happen is by winning the lottery. Considering I hardly ever play, the odds are this will all remain a dream....

No comments: