Friday, December 7, 2007

Ten Cents and a Slushee

Due to the fabulousness that is called my bed I was running late for work this morning. Once I got out to start my car I noticed I was low on gas and there was no way I could make it work so I would have to stop on the way in. After gassing up I got the basic gas station breakfast: muffin, banana, and XL coffee. Keep in mind, I am making coffee like a mad woman and swiping up the muffin instead of browsing for anything new because I was running late for work. I get in line to pay and then....it happened. The guy in front of me was arguing with the cashier about his slushee being $1.09 instead of $1.19. Yes I said, it he was arguing for 5 minutes over 10 cents. Are you kidding me? First of all the cashier does not give a crap that you are potentially paying the wrong price for a slushee at a gas station. Second of all, I have to be at work and so does everyone in line behind you jackass. Let's figure this out. Let's say one person in line makes minimum wage, $6.15 an hour(about .10 a minute). They are owed .50. I know for a fact that the lady behind the counter makes more than minimum wage because they are hiring and have their cashier pay posted on the front door at 10.15 an hour. He owes her .85. Based upon my calculations he would owe me 1.57. And let's just say the other 3 people in line average out at 3.00 based on my previous calculations. This jerk owes 6 people in Raleigh, NC $5.92 for the time he wasted this morning over .10 and a slushee.

No comments: