Monday, December 17, 2007

I'm Textually Active

I love SMS. I have been accused many times (for good reason) of not answering my phone but returning text messages lightning fast. I don't know what it is. My first love of text started when working for Cingular Wireless. I remember when I finally learned how to use predictive text. Its kind of like when you are in Algebra class in middle school and the light bulb goes off on how to factor a polynomial. Now I have moved on to the qwerty keyboard which makes it even easier to feed my addiction. I really just think its my need for instant gratification. When you call and talk with someone there is the ritual of saying hello, asking how you are, what you have been up to, etc etc etc.... With SMS I can get an answer immediately and not only immediately but normally in yes or no form. No one is expecting any foreplay with a text message (well maybe in some cases). Don't get me wrong, I do like to talk on the phone. It's a favorite pastime and I am a software sales person (duh) but I do enjoy the uncomplicated pleasantness of receiving a text message. It's a surprise of sorts.

No comments: