Monday, December 10, 2007

Just My Size

I have always struggled with my weight. Of course, I have dealt with mean schoolchildren and self esteem issues. As you probably know, specialty stores exist for the curvy woman and I have frequently visited those stores because I haven't had the luxury of buying clothing from places most take for granted. This is not about me though or how I loathe the existence of specialty stores. This is about my dog Dylan. I went to Target this weekend and did some Christmas shopping. While there I went to the pet aisle for some treats and a few dog collars caught my eye. Yes, anything sparkly will catch my eye and may cause a brief moment of distraction. Let me back up. My dog Dylan is a girl, a plus size curvy girl. She takes after her mommy. Really she is just made that way (big boned is the excuse I often use). Because of her boyish name and common look she is always confused as a boy. Since she has been a puppy I have bought her 'girly' dog collars. First, I just like girly stuff and then I have to do it so maybe people meeting my dog for the first time will know she is a girl without me having to explain the Dylan thing (and why this matters I don't know). I picked up two collars: one was 'hot' pink shiny leather with a pink leather bow and the other was light pink patent leather with rhinestones. Both were cute and I had a hard time choosing which to buy her. I decided on the light pink and tried to find her size, L or XL, and to my dismay could not find that size. So, I looked for her size in the hot pink. No luck! I would say for each style there were at least 10 on each hook for sale. A light went off, it dawned on me! I will have to buy Dylan's collar at a specialty store if she wants to be in style or girly. Such a shame. I have not shared this with her yet in hopes not to crush her self esteem.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

anything sparkly brings out my ADD. seriously. I love your blogs. they ALWAYS make me laugh. (O: